Monday, 11 February 2008

A New Venture

Well it's been an exciting week and a half, that's for sure. Maybe it's because I've spent all this time doing new and exciting things, pushing my boundaries, and seeing just how much I still have to achieve, but knowing that it's now actually possible makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

The schedule of events is pretty nice. Einherjar is before or after Dynamis every Monday and Friday. Wednesday and Saturday are official Limbus and Salvage days, but we static a 6-7 man Arrapago group every day around 6pm. We can clear up to floor 5 with 50 mins remaining most of the time, just those 7 mins on the last Qiqirn Treasure Hunter floor are a pain in the ass.

Lastly, sea is also on Wednesday at evening time, but I'm gonna hold back on that until HNM windows free up or Uni works gets easier (lol, yeah right.) Right now Fafhogg is sitting at 8-9am every morning, which gets me up at least, with Aspid around noon. I do university work in between windows, and since I'm getting used to doing things in 30 min increments, it's actually a lot of fun.

Enough walls of text, on with the loot!

The Dynamis system is quite unique and newcomer friendly. Long time members use priority to "protect" items. This way they save up all their effort and hard work for that one item (RDM Hat, Dreamworld gear, PLD body etc.) . At the start of each run, your comments decide what you want. Anyone can sponser/obtain currency, too. Sponsers get all single currency, where as 100 pieces are randomed if you want those instead of AF. Blue comments list an item you want for your current job, Red comments for a job you're not on but have at 75, and Yellow for 100 pieces. If a piece drops, and nobody has it commented, it goes FFA to anyone with that job at 70+, 73+ for Icelands. After attending 4 induction runs (the next run is my last) newcomers can start lotting non FFA items, and their priority won't go down. Basically, after 4 runs, you can lot on anything you can use, so every week you have a chance at getting something rather than waiting in line for months. The randoms and lotting decide it, not dick-sucking leadership points!

The only things the LS zergs are: Kirin, JoL, Bahamutv2, Dynamis Lord, Animated relics etc. This is how it should be, really. With each Zerg will come a BRD song rotation and incredible Acc buffs, so Club merits in my opinion are a waste. The kraken itself still isn't out of service, but the fact they make use of all my jobs is what matters. Being treated like a person rather than a multi-hit weapon for once is a nice change. I go PUP 90% of the time to Salvage because they gave the the chance, and it rocks the socks off in there. I merit on Kraken RNG most of the time, again,  because they gave me the chance, and getting a few more Ridill/Kraken RNG in the party can get up to 30k/hour.

Fenrir never gave me any chances, it was always DRK this, kraken that.

For the record, once you get Ranged, Abilities, and Magic cells in Salvage, the automaton is pretty much a 7th person. His nukes land 600-900 damage on almost every mob, 300-400 on bosses, and are incredibly effective on undead with Ventriloquy and mobs that move around such as QQTH and QQA. For now I'll keep weapons as they are, until I finish Dark Magic, then maybe shove the other 4 into H2H.

Tier 1 Einherjar. We had 10 BLM in one alliance and 10-12 melee/tanks in the other. Pull one set of mobs and time nuke. One BRD SV Hoard Lullaby, timed nuke again. Rinse and repeat for the second set, then the melee set up 2 or 3 SCs for the boss, if it's the Oboron, me and a RDM/DRK was on stun duty and hit every TP move. If it's a marid, one BLM nukega chigoes. If it's a manticore, PLDs cover a BLM if it grabs hate. There really isn't anything hard about it, and we beat every chamber in at least 7 mins.

1500/15000 points toward Animator+1!

I've camped these guys at least 50 times and lost claim to bots every single time. Well, not anymore. I've done 2 Faffies since I joined, and one of them was my own voke that claimed! The reason I'm not facing him is because the sackies have this superstition that if the THF party finish anything off, more stuff drops. There wasn't a THF the second time around, so I took the honours.

N Head and E Hands went to outside LS people, nobody wants them anymore. Not even me!

I was on Mithra model at the time, but here's big Nid. Things are so much easier if you treat them like chavs. Here's some Drain II damage, using full Dark Magic setup at 307 skill, no Dark Seal used.

And here's another killshot of Khim. I don't feel like I've "beaten" an NM unless I get the killshot. It's a pathetic little obsession of mine, really.

What's weird about Fairy is nobody Bazaars anything! There's about 5-6 people in Rolanberry, selling either ABCs or Dynamis currency, but that's about it! Check it out!

Creeeepy.

Now for some more personal achievements. The Second Lieutenant quest was one of the most fun things I've ever done. It had it's own little story with a fantastic "to be continued" air about it, and each character was full of life. Whereas I still think ToAU is the light-hearted comedy expansion of FFXI, I can't help but absolutely love the mini quests and Assault storyline. I'm gonna be really, really sad when it's all over.

Campaign pales in comparison. I honestly just use it to top up exp loss at the end of the week on all my jobs, spamming Aegis Scream and/or any new solo ones like Material Storm 3 and Crystal Fist. Next promotion gets me more solos quests, at least. I should set up a static, but some uniques I need are still impossible even on Fairy, nobody lets the beastmen win ever!

Here's a small collection of new titles I got this week, too. Don't worry, I'm sure the boredom will set in the more I do it, but for now let me have my moments! D:

Now all that is off my chest, I'm sure there is some real work I should be doing... Hmmm... Over and out~!