Tuesday, 5 August 2008

The Little Things

I always wondered what this would feel like, now I know:

You see, back when I hit 80 Woodworking, I was worried about the gap for 80-90. There's no profit synths until 91, and a 11 level gap is very intimidating. After getting 150k GP, I went to buy my third GP item only to find out I needed Veteran rank first. -_-;

So I had to find a way to get to level 88. Awesome.

I already have +2 from body and gloves. Advanced Support is another +3, so I'd be at 85 Skill in Sandy. The 91 Synth I'm referring too is of course, arrows. Kabura Arrows. But unlike every other arrow on the way to 91, they require the usual Arrowheads, Fletchings, Lumber and... a non stackable, bane of my existance, boneworking based horn. Awesome.

But not all was lost. Oh no. It just so happened these horns were plentiful at every AH, since they drop from rams, with bonecrafters kill frequently.

When I say every AH, I mean every AH. Luckily, I couldn't have picked a more perfect time to jump the 80-90 gap!

SUMMERFEST. I love Summerfest. Doing this year's event gained you access to fun minigames, sexy Hume females in swimmies, and a free teleportation service to any of the 3 starting cities. So I loaded up on the other materials, and jumped from city to city, buying ever horn on the AH and trundling back to Sandy.

The best part is, these arrows cost about 3k to make, and sell for 150k a stack of quivers. I made a small loss near the start, but finally hit 88 on these things before running out of fletchings. (They're very, very rare) I've sold 2 stacks of Quivers at the moment, but if the last doesn't sell I can use it on RNG. They're very sexy arrows indeed!

So to sum things up,

Aw ye. Now I feel accomplished. I'll get to 91 once more materials are on the AH, then it's the long, expensive road to 100. Awesome.

I did some KS99s this week also, netting me about 400k and this;

It's seems to be the shitty drop as nobody needs it, but it's the main reason I did the Wyrm KS99 with my seals. 1/3! If I get all 3 and a pair of Destroyers, I might just level MNK and put those H2H merits, Usukane gear, and experience on PUP to use!

Also:

Over and out!