Tuesday, 9 September 2008

September '08 Update & PUP Equipment Review

Okay, there's not much new to mention here except for the new PUP AF+1/Relic and Nyzul update. I'm not so fussed about the rest!

Anyway, my opinions on the new armor:

Body:

Pup. Tobe +1
DEF:37 HP+17
Accuracy+5 Attack+5
Automaton: Max HP and Max MP Bonus
Lv74 PUP

Crap unless you're using it for Magic Mortar build, of course.

Pantin Tobe
DEF:45 HP+15 Accuracy+10
"Subtle Blow"+5
Automaton: Accuracy+10
Lv74 PUP

Good contender to Palwuhan, Antares and Enkidu's. The Acc+ for the Automaton affects all frames as a bonus too.

Feet:

Pup. Babouches +1
DEF:12 HP+19 STR+5
Accuracy+5 Evasion+5
Enhances "Repair" effect
Lv74 PUP

Great WS and TP piece for people with no Usukane.

Pantin Babouches
DEF:17 HP+14 INT+2
MND+2 Attack+5
Automaton: "Magic Atk. Bonus"+5
Lv72 PUP

Crap unless you're using BLM head as a replacement BLM, then it's good!

Head:

Puppetry Taj +1
DEF:16 HP+15 DEX+5 VIT+5 MND+5
Automaton:
HP recovered while healing +3
MP recovered while healing +3
Lv74 PUP

Crap.

Pantin Taj
DEF:19 HP+12 STR+3 AGI+3
Adds "Regen" effect
Automaton: Adds "Regen" effect
Lv75 PUP

Good for idling/resting and WS, (Usukane Head still beats it, but it looks nicer than Voyager Sallet, which is the only other "decent" STR head piece for PUPs.)

Hands:

Pup. Dastanas +1
DEF:13 HP+18 STR+5 AGI+5
Enhances "Maneuver" effects
Reduces "Overload" rate
Lv74 PUP

"Meh" WS piece compared to Enkidu's. Posibly good for surpressing Overload if it's an icnrease on the NQ. I'll test it fo' sho'

Pantin Dastanas
DEF:18 HP+16 DEX+2 CHR+2 Haste+3%
Automaton: Haste+3%
Lv73 PUP

Great for TPing if you can cap Acc in other places, hopefully the Haste works on the automaton's spell recasts too. Fuck me for getting Usukane right before these though, lol.

Legs:

Pup. Churidars +1
Legs
Lv. 74
DEF:26 HP+16 DEX+5 CHR+5
Automaton: Enhances "Cure" potency
Spell interruption rate down

Crap. Unless you're main healing, but if that's the case what's your number so I can verbally deck your party's face in.

Pantin Churidars
Legs
Lv. 71
DEF:32 HP+13 STR+2 VIT+2
Accuracy+5
Automaton: Magic Accuracy+5

Overshadowd by Usukane once again in terms of TP/WS, but a nice TP piece for the +Acc, or an addition to BLM head's nuking mode alongside it's feet counterpart.

Back:

Pantin Cape
DEF:6 DEX+5 Attack+15
Automaton: Attack+15
LV70 PUP

Hoooly shit. I came.

As for the Nyzul relic, I'm still on floor 50, but we'll be getting 100 for everyone soon enough. I'm seriously considering taking up the PUP Mythic Weapon, too:

Kenkonken
DMG:+17 Delay:+49
Enhances "Martial Arts" effect
Suppresses "Overload"
"Stringing Pummel"
Aftermath (Incl. Automaton):
Inc. Acc./Atk., Occ. attacks twice
PUP

I can't begin to explain why I'd want this. I really don't need to either. One of the longest journeys of my FFXI life is about to begin, I can feel it...

So yeah, a good update! I'm happy eventually I'll get a bunch of this stuff in due time!