Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Absolute Virtue


It's incredible how things change over time, and mega bosses like Absolute Virtue can be taken down with a mere pick-up party.

Do you remember when it took 30 hours to defeat him? Do you remember when Square Enix made him harder because players found a way to exploit him using an army of Dark Knights and Kraken Clubs?

If not, this post might not be as special to you as it is to me! Two of the biggest baddies in the entire world of FFXI during it's peak were Pandemonium Warden and Absolute Virtue - both of which I have now successfully defeated!


I even took him down on my newly levelled 99 MNK, and this was the first time I have used Hundred Fists at endgame level... if Absolute Virtue is still considered endgame...!

Previously, I had tried to defeat him once on Fenrir, my original server, before the Kraken Club trick was found. It was not a pretty sight.

After gearing more towards endgame content, I tried to defeat him again on Fairy with a very high-spec group, but he ended up blasting us away at 30%.

Now, despite that the level cap has jumped from 75 to 99, small groups still farm pop items to lot and sell the items he drops. Virtually any group with a bunch of Summoners and damage dealers can take him down!


I didn't win any of the items, but you know what? That's fine. All I wanted was to be able to say I've beaten such a legendary boss, and now I can!